Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Beginning

With a good idea from my Mom I have decided to start the blog. My dream is to make a living out of fishing, make fishing movies or host a fishing show like Larry Dahlberg or Mike Pawalaski. Basically, I want to become the next fly fishing personality like Joan Wulff, Lefty Kreh or Bob Clouser. However the chances of this happening are very slim, so in reality I will probably seek a white collar profession, because if I became a guide my mom would probably beat me to death. So in hopes of my dream, this blog will get my young fly fishing career rolling.


P.S. I will hopefully give an update every time I go fishing, however I haven't gone fishing in a while due to my current situation (boarding school), so for the first posts I will just show old pictures and tell stories of the past.

12 comments:

  1. I am impressed with your blog...keep on fishing you never know where it will lead you.

    Follow your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope you are better than Tiger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, what a wonderful story. Fishing is a dying art, glad to see someone so young reviving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what gorgeous fish!!! I spent all day in Jackson Hole Wyoming and never had the thrill of catching a fish!!!
    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be curious to know what sparked your interest in fly fishing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good stuff man, keep it up. I didn't discover the sport until a few years after college and I wish I'd found it earlier. Starting off this early I'm sure you can find a good job still in the fly fishing industry. Work hard and keep your nose clean and it will all work out well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire your perseverance

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to everyone for the support. To the question "I would be curious to know what sparked your interest in fly fishing?". I've always been interested in fishing, but one day I saw a show on ESPN2 about Flip Pallot fishing in the keys for bones. Ever since then I've been intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Ty, question, is it true you do what you want to?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your first post reminded me of mine. So, I had to share. I started when I was 12 and have never looked back.

    http://thisriveriswildflyfishing.blogspot.com/2008/10/beginning.html

    Keep it real man and more importantly keep it fishy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you share with us the different places that you have fished?

    ReplyDelete