Thursday, April 29, 2010

Late Spring Steelhead

In the Great Lakes Region, most fishermen put their steelhead rods down way too early. When the season has passed its peak, people think that the season is over. Contrary to common beliefs, some of my best fishing days have been when the season is so called "over". Last weekend was one of those days. The water was extremely low, so the holding fish weren't hard to spot, but the fish were far and in between. On both Friday and Sunday, we found a pod of about 20-30 fish throughout a run. Some in the tailout, and some were at the head. Between My dad and I, we might've caught or atleast hooked up with every fish in the run. We threw everything from eggs, the no fail stonefly to a gummy larvae pattern that I thought no steelies would ever hit. Some fish were beat-up post spawn fish, but a majority of the fish were fresh run drag busting steelhead. I got in and I went hard.






4 comments:

  1. Is that an LSU Tigers t-shirt you are wearing? Go Tigers! Great catch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your passion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE WANT MORE TY BABY

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened to your ADS?

    ReplyDelete