Saturday, April 24, 2010

Montana/Idaho Fishing Trip

Last summer I went to a fly fishing camp in Wyoming. The camp sucked. Out of the 2 weeks the camp was in session, I went fishing 7/14 days. I expected fishing everyday, all day, but the camp was simply not well facilitated. I made up for the lost fishing days with my dad on our fishing trip to the Henry's Fork the following week. We stayed at The Trouthunter, which was a nice lodge with amazing food. We fished the upper Henry's Fork for small cutts and bows. We fished Hebgen Lake for the infamous "gulpers". Rainbows and Browns, who would sip on calibaetis mayflies on the glassy smooth lake. It was like fishing on the flats for 20" trout. My Favorite river we fished was the Madison. Technical nymphing and dry flying in a beautiful river and scenery. I'll never forget the fish that I lost during nightfall as it ran straight across the river and ran up stream into my backing. The fish wrapped my line around one of the many rocks in the Madison, and my trophy was gone. Last but not least we fished the world renowned Henry's Fork. We caught chunky fish in the box cannon, as well as got harshly rejected by the Harriman Ranch Rainbows. My trip at The Trouthunter was the perfect fishing trip that I would be lucky to go on again.


Here's some of the best pics















2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place! And Fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice trout! Keep it up and keep posting!

    Cheers from a Portuguese saltwater plugger/ lure fisherman

    ReplyDelete