Friday, April 16, 2010

First Bonefish

Bone fishing is like kissing to a teenage boy. Everybody talks about it like its easy, but in reality its not as easy as people say(this is implying if you have good taste). And once you get it, you feel like a boss. My first bonefish came on a last shot opportunity. I was in the Bahamas, and my flight was leaving that afternoon. I woke up at the crack of dawn in hopes to catch the silver bullet. As my time was running down, I spotted 2 fish coming across the flat. I threw out a bomb, by far the longest cast I've ever thrown. I felt a thump, gave a strip-set, looked up and bam. The fish flew off across the flat. I looked at my reel and saw my backing for the first time. 2 more similar runs was all the fish had, and soon I held the fish in my hands. For a while I couldn't believe that it was true. It seemed too good to be true, it must've been a dream. A silver dream for the silver bullet.





9 comments:

  1. Awesome! How'd you end up in the Bahamas?

    Keep it up...every post is a learning experience, and keep on truckin' you'll get where you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the concept. Interested in a link swap?
    www.lifeontheflyltd.com
    www.falseechoes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, although I don't think I've ever heard anyone says catching a bonefish is easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nicely,
    I caught my first bonefish about a month ago, and I can tell it will not be the last time. I can relate to your excitement.
    Nice blog - keep posting - I'll keep checking.
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most beautiful fish I have ever seen! Keep up the passion, keep the dream alive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! I find your blog educational. I want to know more and I want my kids to learn more about fishing. It will add a whole new dimension to every place we visit. You have a wicked sense of humor. I look forward to followingg your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude, you ARE the boss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right on. My first bonefish was only a few years ago, but it is still one of the highlights of my life. Hope you catch many, many more in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete